Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Ah Chicago. I love that you like to be different.

Chicago has their big firework celebration on the lake on July 3rd--which is convenient for most of us that have the day off on the 4th so we can enjoy holiday fun and then sleep in the next day!

Every year, a group of us heads out to the lake (by the Petrillo Band shell, specifically) to see the show. This year was no exception except that our group was a little smaller than normal. We ate junk food, played cards, and drank random alcoholic drinks.
I, of course, had the camera out and took more pictures than necessary, but that was until...THE INCIDENT.
When handing the camera over to a friend, it got dropped into a full cup of Hawaiian Punch. Oh alas! The camera did not like that. It refused to work for the rest of the night.

Now it's ok, but it'll squeal when on and the LCD screen is funky, but it DOES take pictures. And the ones that I had on the card were fine. But...no firework pictures for me.

The camera's getting sent off to Canon today to see if they can fix it. We'll see how much that costs...I'm hoping since I've only had the thing for 2 weeks they'll take pity on me and say that it's under warranty. But since it was dropped and didn't just "stop working" you never know. Fingers crossed!

But the night was fun. Drinks, friends, and fireworks in the park. Good times.

On the 4th itself, we had a big brunch of greasy food that was spectacular, and my neighborhood went crazy with the fireworks for about 3 hours. CRAZY, I say. I've never seen so many fireworks in such a small area. I think I'm lucky no bottle rockets went in my window.

Sadie did not like it. :) But she's fine.

No comments: