Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend 7.28.07

First...Happy 5th Birthday Jack! I can't believe my nephew is five already. He's getting so big!!

This weekend I went out with the Barcelona group (plus some) on Friday to the Continental. I've never been there, but it was really fun! We took over the outside space, grabbed some food from Feast and had a good time. It was nice to see Rose and Matthew again.

Saturday my mom picked me up to go out to the suburbs for IKEA and scrapbooking...yay! IKEA! We didn't buy much, but I found a dresser that I really like. Hurrah! Now I just need a big car to transport it--$150 to ship? Yeah, not so much.

Scrapbooking was fun too. I'm so far behind (June 2003!) and desperately want to catch up. Maybe I can convince people to do the 12-hour class with me in August? Maybe? Takers? (oh, and I can't remember where this mosaic is in Philadelphia? Anyone know? It's so pretty and in the lobby of a building...somewhere...)

Edit: the Mosaic (the right side in the picture below) is the Dream Garden by Maxfield Parrish and Tiffany


Sunday morning bright at early (6am), Mom and I left to go back to the city for the Teb's Troops Walk. It was a 5K race (well, walk for us) for Melanoma. What a beautiful day. While everyone else ran and competed and raced, Mom, Liz, and I strolled along the lakefront. I'm pretty sure we were the last ones to finish (behind baby carriages and a girl that was about 9, but we enjoyed ourselves.


After the walk, we went to brunch (Toast!) and I crashed out for a 4 hour nap. Lucky for me, Sadie was so tired from playing with my mom's dog, Dakota, that she took a 4 hour nap as well.

The rest of the day consisted of 90210 reruns and Dead Like Me Season 1 (yay Netflix!).

I need another day in my weekend.

No comments: