Thursday, June 26, 2008

Diet

So Bob and I have decided to do Atkins. (yes, it's approximately 2002 in our heads) It's not the healthiest or interesting way to diet, but we're both fairly certain that it won't last more than a couple weeks at most--we just want to kick start diets and this is a good one for immediate results.

I've still been going to the gym--but, hello? How have I GAINED weight since going to the gym? I'd love to call it muscle-mass, but that's kind of crazy. So Atkins + gym should equal some better results.

The stats? I've lost 2 pounds since Monday. Hurrah.

Bob's lost 10. (Boys totally suck that way. But good for him.)

I'm also trying to do this as healthy as possible. Salads with lean chicken, scrambled eggs made without butter, celery, things like that.

Although I'm eating more cheese than normal. But cheese is soooo good.

So far I've avoided the candy dish at a desk near me, free cupcakes in the company kitchen, and the vending machine full of deliciousness. Well, delicious trans fats and empty calories. So that's good. Work is probably the biggest hurdle in food avoidance--there's just so much temptation! But so far it's not been too difficult to resist. Fingers crossed that it stays that way!

I imagine that I'll crack and want some toast (because...mmmm...toast. I love toast) in a couple weeks. And from that point on I'll try to keep eating salads and chicken and celery and avoid the twix bars. :)

No comments: