Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekends (both last weekend and the one before!)

What a lazy blogger I've been! Here's a quick update of what I've been up to in the last two weeks.

Renaissance Faire!

Two weekends ago a group of us headed up to the Bristol Renaissance Faire. I'd never been (and frankly didn't have a HUGE interest in going) but everytime I told someone I was going, it was the same response "ooo! The Renaissance Faire! Fun!" so I knew I'd have a good time.

Talk about good people-watching! Wow. I'd say almost 50% of the visitors there were dressed up in some kind of costume. There were tons of shops and food stalls and things to do. We ate the best mushrooms in the world (butter and garlic heaven), pet zebras and goats, shot crossbows, threw knives, watched a joust, and just wandered around. Really fun.




St. Joe, Michigan!

Last Sunday I jumped in the new car (yay!) and went up to St. Joe, Michigan to visit my sister and her family. My brother-in-law's family has a lake house up in St. Joe where they go just about every weekend in the summer and this last weekend I was invited. It was BEAUTIFUL weather so we headed to the beach and then to the pool for some last-days-of-summer fun. Only a little sunburn on my part (I haven't been out in the sun AT ALL this summer. oof) Fun day--although it made me realize, I live about 20 minutes from a beach and never go. Kind of silly. Maybe next summer, I guess...




No comments: