Tuesday, May 13, 2008

12 of 12, May 2008

Yay! 12 of 12 time! Since last time I'm moved into a new apartment, so while the pictures are still pretty boring (it was a work day) at least I have some new backgrounds!

Thanks to Chad for this idea.

7:05am, Kitchen: Sadie is still enthralled with the cats and can't understand why they don't want to be licked all the time. Marbles and Jinx basically live on window sills and counter tops these days. Here's Sadie trying to get to Marbles while Marbles just jumps to another counter.

7:08am, Kitchen: Trying to figure out what to bring for lunch. As you'll see later, it's not very exciting. And none of it's from the multiple pieces of tupperware (aka leftovers) that you can see in the fridge.

7:16am, Front Door: I'm just leaving for work now. My commute is shorter these days so I can leave a bit later. When we first moved in I was leaving at 7am; now it's 7:15. I figure in the next month I'll eventually be leaving around 7:45. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I can sleep in though--the bathroom schedule is pretty tight!
7:28am, Division Blue Line Stop: I've finally made it to the el. It's a nice walk now, but I imagine I'll be cursing it when it's 20 below and there's a foot of snow! All along the way there are bars and restaurants and cute little boutiques so there are many temptations to lure me in! I've resisted thus far--hopefully I can keep it up!
7:47am, Mercantile Exchange (aka Work): I've made it to work. My office is at the Merc in Chicago. They've recently transferred most of the traders to the Stock Exchange so the lobby is pretty quiet these days.

10:54am, My Desk: Look! I did work! We had a meeting about some new projects for California. You can also see my origami of the day in the background--it was an owl, which was kind of tough. His beak is a little warped...

12:40am, My Desk: Lunch. Frozen meal, Cracker Jack, and a Diet Mountain Dew. Our new vending service only stocks a few Diet Cokes at a time so I have to resort to the Dew once in a while. Not great--but better than Diet Pepsi! (Side note: I've had MANY conversations about how diet coke drinkers are very strict on how they like their pop (yes, POP! I'm from Chicago), whether it's in a can or bottle, over ice, etc. And how most diet coke drinkers do NOT like diet pepsi and won't drink it. Fascinating, I know. But I totally get it.

5:56pm, Division St: The rest of my day was meetings and work. No pictures there (dull). Now I'm walking home from work. As it gets warmer, more and more of the restaurants have seating outside down Division. It's a bit chilly today (around 55 degrees) so there are not many people out, but the restaurants are ready for them!

6:40pm, Family Room: We bought Mario Kart for the Wii yesterday. FUN! I came home to find that Bob had already played a bit and unlocked a new race set. It's time for me to pick up my game and try to keep up with him. This is Bob playing--thus the 1st place ranking. I tend to fall around 3rd to 4th place for now.

7:50pm, Bedroom: Now that it's warmer, I've decided to pack my sweaters away and get out the summer wear. Hopefully it'll stay warm enough so that I don't have to go digging for something woolly anytime soon.

9:04pm, Family Room: Chocolate Pudding and watching the Cubs trounce the Padres. (12-3? YEAH!). A good end to the day.

9:08pm, Family Room: Bob give Marbles a taste of pudding. I had NO IDEA that cat's tongue was so long. Yeesh.

That's it! I hope you all join me next month!

1 comment:

Dogeared said...

Hope you're enjoying the new place! And I hope the kitties and Sadie get used to each other, and the licking/not licking protocol is established ;-)

Helen (Dogeared, 12er)