Monday, July 14, 2008

Smoke the Bone 2008

Yesterday was the annual Smoke the Bone rib cookoff at Lemmings (well, not technically at lemmings since it's not allowed, but kind of at lemmings anyway.)

The weather was perfect for once and everyone gathered out back with their grills and smokers to cook up some ribs. For those of us that didn't cook ribs, it was also a pot-luck of other goodies. My empanadas turned out really well and were gone quickly! Hurrah! They went over much better than the broccoli salad I made once. I guess meat pastries will always win over veggies at a rib cooking event...

The general rule is that if you don't cook ribs you don't get to sample ribs (not enough to go around), but lucky for me I have some wonderful friends that let me have a taste. They were all really good. Tender and flavorful and all-around awesome.
The winner this year was Sherry. It was great to see a girl win again! Congratulations!!
More pictures on Flickr!


No comments: