Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bosstones/Dropkick Concert


Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Originally uploaded by hak123
Last night Gail and I headed out to Northerly Island to see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys play. It's funny--I had totally forgotten about this concert until Gail sent me a text asking how I wanted to get my ticket. Surprise! Fun Monday night event!

We got out there after work around 6pm and the place was just starting to fill up. It ended up only being about half-full with most people crowded around the front of the stage and in the folding chairs on the floor. The opening band was a girl punk group that was...loud (am I getting old?) and the Bosstones followed. They were totally fun--all plaid and dance-y. The horns are awesome.

Once it got dark Dropkick came out and they were awesome, as usual. The brought out the bagpipes and good Irish punk fun.

Northerly Island is a pretty cool venue--right on the water, not too big--but it's kind of a pain to get out of. It took me and Gail a while to get a cab home. So plan ahead if you go! :)

1 comment:

GirlSixx said...

YAY Dropkick!!! YAY Bosstones!!

Was alot of fun!! I could'nt find Joe Christian on facebook... oh well