Friday, August 1, 2008

Arlington Race Course

Yesterday I had a work even out in Arlington Heights at the Arlington Park. It was the first time I'd been out there (even after living in and near Chicago for 29 years!) so I was kind of excited to see the place.

We had meetings in the morning and around 12:30 we were given gambling vouchers and headed out to the track to gamble and watch (and bet on) the horses.

I had bet on the horses once before in Vegas so the whole betting process came back to me pretty quickly. Trifectas, exactas, boxes, win, place, show. It's fun stuff. I only placed one bet (exacta box) and my horses came in first...and dead last. Like, REALLY last. about 15 lengths behind the rest of the horses. Whoops...not a good choice, I guess!


It was a really fun day, for a work event! I think I'll have to head out there again some time soon--hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

No comments: