Friday, September 7, 2007

Running

So I joined a gym. Good for me! It's been a long time since I worked out with any consistency so this is a good thing.

My problem is that I'm such a spaz. I can do the elliptical just fine (as long as I don't use the ones with the arm things--those kick my butt) but if I try to run, I practically fall off unless I totally concentrate. Not off the back, mind you, but to the right. I lean or something.

And the running? That's another problem. I can't do it. I tried to do an interval thing last night and after 3 minutes (shorter than most songs on my ipod and some commercial breaks!) I'm gasping and sweating profusely and have to go back to walking. And no suggestions on taking it down a notch on the running speed! I can already pretty much walk at the speed I'm "running".

I'm getting there though. :) I'll keep trying. Maybe in a few months I can re-read this post and laugh at myself. Well, I'm already laughing at myself (as I said, I'm a spaz) but now I can shake my head and be all "oh, she was so naive" or something.

And I started a star chart to track my working out progress. 2 so far. Yay!

No comments: