Friday, June 15, 2007

Drama in the Middle of the Night

Last night around 12:15am a loud car woke me up with incessant honking. Annoying.

I tried to ignore it, but it continued and continued for at least 10 minutes. Then I heard yelling outside my bedroom window. Since the voices were so close, I decided to peek out of my curtains to see what was going on.

Two women around 25 years old were yelling and swearing at the guy who lives in the basement of my building. He wasn't coming out and acknowledging them and they were getting more and more angry. They were swearing up a storm and screaming things at him and at one point grabbed some crates to try to make steps so they could climb the fence (they were both fairly large so this would have been an interesting show had they accomplished it. Yes, that's rude, but seriously...)

The downstairs neighbor came out to talk to them for a while (she's the basement neighbor's mother? I think?) and eventually basement guy came out. That didn't make things much better because now the main girl was screaming and crying and swearing and he was getting pissed off. She kept asking for her stuff back and he wouldn't open the gate for her to come in and get it. It quieted down a bit and I lied down to go back to sleep, but then the screaming picked up again so I peeked out again. And I saw a TV on the front lawn. I'm sorry, what? I'm so confused. She wanted her DVD player so how did a 32" TV get on the lawn? Did basement guy bring it up? Was it the women's? The gate was still locked so I'm totally confused.

But at that point, I didn't care as much. They stopped yelling and I went to sleep. I kinda want to know what was going on, but at 1am, I was over it. As long as the honking stopped, I could stop being a peeping tom and go to sleep. :)

Oh, and I saw the women on the bus that wears shorts around her neck like a sweater again this morning. A new pair of shorts.

That's so weird.

No comments: