Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Another weekend, another weekend out in the burbs. I love my family, but I don't have a car! Luckily my mom's nice enough to pick me up a lot, but it's still hard to travel to the burbs all the time. And I'm going out again this weekend.

A pretty quiet weekend overall. I watched a couple of movies, Nacho Libre (Seriously? Who greenlit this?) and You, Me, and Dupree. I also cleaned out my tivo--woohoo!

Sadie and I took a few walks this weekend and it was so hot out that she had to take a few breaks to rest in the shade. The poor thing, she just can't handle 90 degree heat with her dark fur! We'd go about a block and a half and she'd find some grass and just plop down and not move. I had to bribe her with promises of treats to get her home, and once we got home, she would lay down and not move for a few hours. By the end of the day on Saturday she was hiding under my bed trying to keep cool (I had the air on!) and had no interest in doing anything outside.



On Sunday I went out the burbs for a Father's Day BBQ at my sister's house (aka cicada central). Sadie went with me this time and really enjoyed chasing and eating the bugs. So gross. Dinner was nice as well--it good to spend time with my dad and my sister outside of the big family events that go on.



No comments: