Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend Update 6.2.07

Ah, the weekend. I really wish they were always 3 days long.

My mom participated in the Avon Breast Cancer 2-day walk this weekend and I went to go cheer her on Saturday morning. I got to the 8-mile cheering place around 9am and waited with the rest of the crowd for the first walker to come through. They had started around 7am, so I had timed it pretty well to see the first few go through. About 5 minutes after I got there, the first few people walked through the little crowd that was waiting there. It was so inspiring. I had to distract myself a few times so I wouldn't start crying. I was really worried what would happen when I saw my mom!!

She and her two friends came by around 10:00 and by that time, I was ok. :) I held up my sign and jumped up and down so she would see me and they stopped to say hi. They were doing well and were in good spirits. After a quick picture, I walked with them a bit and left them to catch the bus home--while they had another 18 miles to walk!

I got a phone call later that night and my mom told me that they made it through all 26.3 miles on Saturday but that they just weren't going to be able to do another 13 miles on Sunday. The poor things--they were sore, tired, and in one case, a little bloody! What they accomplished was so amazing though.

Later that night, I met up with friends at the Clipper to have a few drinks for my birthday. It was a quiet night, but I had a good time. I didn't dance, but L DID dance a bit. Not with a cowboy this time, unless Dustin counts.
Oh, and I saw The Notebook this weekend. And, yes, I cried. That's a given, right?

No comments: