Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Harry Potter #5

So I finally saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. It was...good. I guess. There were moments where I was really excited to see what happened next and truly enjoyed the scene, but there were also a few things that I really missed. I guess that comes from reading the book. I know they can't put everything in the book in the movie, but I think the director/screenwriter missed some potentially poignant scenes. And they didn't use the amazing cast to their best abilities.

I love me some Snape in these movies--Alan Rickman was terrifically cast and every time he comes on screen, I enjoy every minute of it. There was much more of him in the book and I wish that had played out in the movie. And the climax of the movie just kind of...happened. It didn't showcase each of the kid's talents and show how they all fought the DeathEaters smartly and bravely.

I give it 3 stars out of 5. Good movie. But if you know the book, you'll see more of what was missing than what was there.

Oh, and Harry Potter is getting hot. And that's TOTALLY freaking me out. Ew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the movie, and even more excited by the fact that you think Harry is 'hot'. Now I have something to tease you about, and dont worry I think he is of 'legal' age...