Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend 10.6.07

Finally, the weekend! It was a long week due to lack of sleep last weekend and a full work week. Friday finally arrived and I headed out to Lemmings for our weekly gathering. What also seems to be weekly is my obnoxiousness with my camera. My friends are so patient. For that, I won't post the majority of the pictures that I've taken over the last few weeks. :) I'll even delete the ones that aren't so flattering!

I think this is the only reason why they let me get my camera out at all.

I got home around 12:00, walked the dog, and crawled into bed. and then realized that I forgot to close out my tab. Oh boy. Now, I KNOW that I could have left it for the next day, but I love this bar and really don't want to cause them any problems. And it's got to be annoying to have an open tab at the end of the night. So I put my contacts back in, dragged my bike down the stairs and rode off to the bar to close out my tab. Luckily no one was really on the roads at that time. I scared one person getting out of a cab when I sped past them, but other than that, it was an easy ride. And I closed my tab out after just a bit of teasing from Rusty (the bartender). Then I rode home and collapsed back into bed, sweaty (it was, like 75 degrees out!) and tired. And only a little drunk.

On Saturday, I took a quick trip on the Metra out to Downers Grove to have tea with the "ladies" of our family. Or at least a portion of them. It was at a cute little shop called Pinecone Cottage Tea House just steps from the train station. We headed in and once we were seated, Gramma had a little surprise for us--fancy hats and white gloves! We all donned our festive attire and giggled, took pictures, and ate fabulous food for the next two hours.
Sunday was SUPPOSED to be a trip to buy a sleeping bag for an upcoming camping trip and then out to see Harry Potter #5, but both things fell through. Alas. The movie will be tonight (I hope) and the shopping will be next weekend. Packed between an art show (go Bob!) and Sunday dinner at Terri's.

I'm sure the camera will be out in full force.

No comments: