Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bark in the Park 2007

I'm totally excited--I just signed up for Bark in the Park 2007. It's a 5K walk in Chicago that benefits The Anti-Cruelty Society that allows you to bring your dog to walk with you. So fun!

There's a whole "raise money" thing to it as well, but it doesn't seem to be too high-stress. I've hit up my family of course, so I hope that they can hook me up with a couple $$. :) I've also drafted a friend of mine to go with which'll be fun. It's at 9am on a Saturday, but if it's a nice day, we'll have a good time. And maybe Miss Sadie will get some treats!

I'm also pretty happy that this benefits the ACS. That's where I got Sadie from, and while it's a big shelter-type place, they treated my puppy really well (the vet confirmed this) and were so nice and professional. I'm happy to do anything that I can do to help lonely doggies and kitties and give back to those that helped add to my family.

Check it out. And sign up to walk with us! It'll be a fun time. (PS...you get a t-shirt! Wee!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is Bark in the Park?? Send me the info and I will donate a little bit of money! I wish that cats could go to things like this. I get so sad when I see everyone around town enjoying the day with their dogs and I have to leave Izzie B. at home! :(

Amanda said...

The website is http://www.barkinthepark.org and my donation site is http://www.firstgiving.com/Rahn.

Thanks for the offer!! It should be a fun day. :) They DO have a cat tent where you can make a button with your kittie's photo so she can walk in spirit!