Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lollapalooza Lineup

So they released the Lollapalooza lineup today--it looks pretty good! Ever since I went to the one in 2004 (the two-day 100-degree heat-a-palooza), I've been trying to expand my music tastes beyond Hilary Duff and Justin Timberlake, and it appears I've actually done ok!

When going through the list, I recognized at least half of the groups and already own a number of tracks from them (ala itunes, of course...I haven't bought an actual CD in a LONG time). The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Fratellis, Cold War Kids, TV on the Radio, Tokyo Police Club, Yo La Tango, Regine Spektor...the list just goes on and on.

But who I'm most excited to see if Amy Winehouse. She's amazing, although it took me a bit to warm up to her, I have to listen to her disc at least once a day. Incredible. Check out her site, seriously.

She's going to be at Schuba's May 3rd and I'm totally bummed that I'll be missing it--I really can't afford the $100 price tag those tickets are going for on craigslist. As of today, she'll be the highlight of my lollapalooza experience. (not Pearl Jam. Whatevs. They're so 1992 for me...snore)

No comments: