Friday, April 6, 2007

Entry, the First

So, here it is. The first post. How do you start these things, really? Do I give a bio of myself or just jump in?

Eh, I'll do a combo of both.

First of all, I just want to say that coming up with a "title" for this blog was immensely more difficult than I thought it would be. After spending a good 20 minutes brainstorming on Word (using the thesaurus feature and checking my spelling) I came up with what you see above. Yes, it's lame. But I'm ok with that. Make a decision and move on. No regrets.

Which means I'll want to change it in about a week.

For those of you that actually make it here, I'll give you a warning up front: I'm a terrible speller. And I work as an editor. Yes, I know, "how can that be??" I understand the irony, but that's how it is. Side note: ever since Alanis, I've not been able to use the word irony without thinking that I'm using it incorrectly. Forgive me if this is incorrect.


I also don't re-read what I've written, so my words may come out as a jumbled mess. But that's actually exactly how it is to talk to me in person, so at least I'll sound the same here as I do when chatting with people. Except here, you may have a chance to understand me, for in real life, I speak too quickly for most people to comprehend.

I also over-use commas.


So, a quick bio: Female, 30 years old, live and work in Chicago. And I have a dog. And she is awesome. And, as you can see, I do not make my bed. Unless gramma's coming over.
















1 comment:

me said...

Oh good lord - Sadie is so cute. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere. It's a fun way to avoid.... responsibilities:)