Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BL Diet, Days 3, 4 & 5

So the weekend totally trashed the diet. We BBQ'd at a friends house on Friday, had breakfast at a diner on Saturday, and dinner at an Italian place on Sunday...there's no way I could follow the plan! So we took the weekend off. But...I started again on Monday!

At the beginning of this thing, I was following everything to the letter, making sure I followed meal plans as well as I could, but not, just a few days into it, I've realized that doing that it harder than it should be. I'm adjusting things for foods we don't like (or I don't want to make) and have all of these cross-reference notes all over the place (Swap lunch day 3 with lunch day 21! Swap protein of day 4 with protein of day 17, leaving veggies!) and it's just a pain. So now I go through the meal plans and just look for what I'm in the mood to eat and make. It's a little complicated since I need to make sure we have the ingredients for the recipes, but it's easier in terms of figuring out what's for dinner.

So things are going ok! I haven't weighed myself since the evil 3+ weight GAIN, but think I'll do that tomorrow and see how things are going. I don't feel any lighter, but I'm happy with my food choices, so there's that. :)

And here are some food reccomendations from the book:

1) Portobello Mushroom Pizzas. Essentially this is just using a portobello mushroom as the base, adding marinara sauce, lean turkey sausage (cooked & crumbled) and low-fat mozz cheese. Baked for 6-8 minutes. Really yummy and only 100 calories each!

2) I just ate a chinese cabbage salad with homemade dressing. It was must tastier than I thought! The dressing had a lot of ingredients, but it turned out well. I can see it being a pretty good marinade too.

3) I've decided that my favorite snack is either the apple and string cheese or the laughing cow cheese with a slice of whole-wheat bread. I like cheese.

4) the turkery burger was awesome. easy and tasty and totally didn't feel diet. It's the diet trifecta!!

Now it's time to figure out what's for dinner...

No comments: