Friday, April 10, 2009

Thursday Dinner

So I’m back on the cooking kick again. I spent a good amount of time earlier this week looking through cookbooks, trying to pick out healthy recipes to try out. After making a (huge) list, I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought all of the ingredients. And…only bought 3 things not on my list!! (pretty good for me, actually. Too bad one of the items was chocolate ice cream pops…)


Last night I made a recipe from my sister, cheesy chicken crescents. No pictures of that one (I forgot) but it turned out pretty well. It’s basically chicken, cheese, and onions rolled into crescent rolls and then covered in a sauce made of cream of chicken soup, milk, and cheese.


Easy peasy!


Tonight was white chicken chili from the Betty Crocker cookbook (page 543). It takes 5 hours in the crock pot and was really easy to put together. I’m not totally sure about whether it’s a repeat or not, but it’s healthy (about 400 calories a serving) and with cheese, it's not bad. Everything's better with cheese.

More dinners to come!!

No comments: