Thursday, May 3, 2007

Apartment Tour--the Bedroom

I was going to post just a few pictures of my new place in one post, but as it's taking a while to finish up the apartment, I've decided to do this room by room. The first room that I've (almost) finished is my bedroom.

When you walk into the apartment, you enter an office/family room/extra sitting space room. Off that room, to the left, is the doorway to my bedroom:

The main space is pretty sparse since I was able to store much of my stuff in my (substantial closet). And there are no pictures on the wall yet, but that'll come as well. This view shows my bed, endtable, a portion of the bay windows and the blanket that Miss Sadie sleeps on during the day. She's taken to sleeping on the bed at night. This is new with this place...I think it's because we don't have any rugs in this apartment and she likes to sprall out.

On the opposite wall of my bed is my dresser, TV, and the doorway to my closet. The closet isn't done yet, so don't look at that portion of the picture :)

Some more detailed pictures:




Most of these little travel things are from my mom. She's a big traveler and always asks me what I'd like as a souvinier. I usually say something wacked like "a giraffe" or "a toucan". And she delivers--I have both a giraffe from Africa and a Toucan (2, actually) from Costa Rica. The only travel-y things that I bought is the blue fish from Cozumel and the Trolly from San Francisco. In the middle is a music box my sister got me from Austria that plays Edlewiess. It's so pretty. I hide my treasures in there!

Lastly, here is a view out of my bedroom windows, looking down Stave. These windows face a bright blinking blue police light and camera, so 24-hours a day I have a mini strobe light in my bedroom. It's easily ignorable during the day (you can barely tell it's flashing) but at night, I could host a rave. Luckily, I'm an easy sleeper so both that and the el that's close by don't disturb me. This picture was taken on the dark side of the blue flash. If I knew how to make gifs, I'd totaly make a little video of the flashing. I might do an easy one and post it on You Tube just so you all can see it. :)

No comments: