Sunday, May 20, 2007

BARCELONA, SPAIN, May 15, 2007

This morning I woke up a couple of hours before everyone else and puttered around on the computer. I was able to write up what we did on the 14th and label all of my pictures, which was nice. I also caught up on all of my celebrity gossip (so important…). Around 11:30, the group started to wake and Terri and I went out for some coffee at the coffee shop down the street and did a little shopping. There are a number of low-priced clothing stores in the area, but nothing caught my eye—most of the clothing is really bright (hot pink, yellow, bright green) and I’m not quite there yet in incorporating color into my clothing. Where are the stores where everything is black and grey? :)

A little while later, we all walked up to the two Gaudi houses, Casa Milo and Casa Batllo to see the insides. They both have tours, but the Batllo was twice as much as Milo and we couldn’t really decide on which one to see. We decided to split up and I went with the group to see Casa Milo, the stone quarry. The tour was just ok, but the rooftop was pretty cool. It had really pretty chimneys on the roof and wonderful views of the city. When we met up again later, it seemed that the tour of Casa Batllo was probably a better idea. It was much more whimsical and colorful than our tour and included the headphones to learn more about what you were seeing. Depending on what I have time for in our last three days, I might end up going there to see Batllo as well. It’s got to have some amazing photo opportunities.

It was then back to the apartment for a siesta before dinner. Matthew picked out a place for dinner on our last night by the market, Ra, that opened up after 9:30. We left around 10:30, had a really good meal (Risotto, Cava, warm goat cheese salad), and then went bar-hopping for a while. The last bar we went to was one that Rose and Matthew found on our first night and we had a great time there. Lots of drinks and laughing and random photos with some English boys. Then back home for a Stuart Dance Party in the kitchen.

No comments: