Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Weekend Update

But not in the fun, SNL-way.

So, I moved last Thursday. Phew! That's always a lot more work than I envision. I had been packing for weeks and once the morning came, I realized how much more I had to do. I used movers for the first time last year, and I've got to say, it's TOTALLY worth the money. My movers are amazing and the whole thing was over in 3 hours with not one broken glass. They even took my couch apart (literally, about 5 pieces) and put it all together again. Spectacular.

The place is a mess still (primarily my room. I have a lot of stuff) but I'll be posting pictures once it's a little cleaner. :)

On top of moving day, I had three different events/parties to attend. Busy busy weekend!


First: a wine party hosted by Miss Ashley. It was really fun and a great concept. We all were asked to bring our favorite bottle of wine for under $10, and once we got there, Ashely covered up the label and we all marked whether we liked or did not like it. Once the bottle was gone, the name was revealed. Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of the wines, but it was fun to try new ones! I DO remember that I loved Rachael's sparkling red...I need the name of it so I can purchase it again. A great summer drink!

Friday was a low-key celebration for Val's birthday. We were going to go to a show at
Gorilla Tango, but we were all beat from the week. Val, we'll go to that show and have a birthday re-deux soon.

Saturday was Rachael's birthday celebration. Now, whenever I go out with a group that includes Rachael, I can usually expect to be out until the wee hours. Like 4am. Her 30th was an INSANE night. Definitely one of the best "story" evenings of 2006. This evening, though, I ran out early. I'm kind of bummed that I had to leave, but it was probably for the best...I was ready to crash out at the table. I hope they all had fun! I still need to check to see if there were some crazy stories from that night! I hear that Rach was up until the wee hours again, so I'm sure they all had a great time.

No comments: